Monday, March 18, 2013

Me, Myself, and God

Another assignment from last week was to write a sentence about myself and God using the words below, while not using the reflection verse. 

REFUGE:
God is my refuge, my shelter, my safe haven from the continuous storms of life.

FORTRESS:
When I am in the face of fear, God is my impenetrable, unshakable fortress in which I hide, and seek comfort and protection.

LEAN:
The sooner I stop leaning on myself and start leaning on God, the sooner He can get on with my life.

RELY:
God is an eternal shield of strength and a tower of protection on which I can always rely.  I am not completely living my life for God until I completely STOP relying on myself and ALWAYS rely on God.

TRUST:
I should never place my complete trust and faith in the unsteady hands of man, but should seek rest in the everlasting hands of the Father.

We were also encouraged to search for Scriptures that confirm the statements below:

God is my refuge and fortress:
"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." -Psalm 18:2 NIV

"He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge."
                                                                                            -Proverbs 14:26

You can lean on the Lord:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5

You can rely on the Lord:
"Will you rely on him for his great strength?  Will you leave your heavy work to him?"
                                                                                            -Job 39:11
"Who among you fears the Lord and obeys the word of his servant?  Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord and rely on his God." Isaiah 50:10

You can trust the Lord:
"Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."- Psalm 9:10

"Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
                                                                                                             -Psalm 20:7

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man." -Psalm 118:8

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.  The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation." -Isaiah 12:2

"Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord, is the Rock eternal." -Isaiah 26:4

There are more verses in the Bible referring to these statements than the ones I have listed, but the above verses are the ones that really spoke to me.  These verses just confirm the strength, truth, and certainty that is God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment