Sunday, April 7, 2013

Ready, Steady, Study!

Blogging My Way To A Stressed-Less Life!

Here we go again!  Another online Bible study starts today, and I am stoked because I feel like this study couldn't be coming at a better time.  I love my life.  I love my family.  I love my job.  I love my Lord.  But none of this changes the fact that I am stressed.  Ulcer stressed?  I don't think so.  At least not yet.  But I don't want to get there either!  As mothers, wives, and just as a woman in general, we are expected to have it all together.  We are expected to juggle at least fifty different balls in the air at one time, and do it with grace.  We are expected to raise perfect children, maintain a marriage free from conflict and unhappiness, and all while keeping our house spotless and shining!  Now these expectations, that may be placed on us by society or just myself, don't constantly hang over my head.  My gracious, I would go nuts.  But I won't deny they occasionally get under my skin, probably more than they should.  This usually 
happens when I have created a to-do list that has no end or when I've said "yes.  sure.  I'd be happy to do that." one too many times.  No one's fault but my own.  Nonetheless, it leads a stress snowball the size of Texas that rests in my mind, my heart, and my gut...and it's got to go.  I'm excited to dive right into this book and learn some tools and scriptures to help me gain God's peace in a stressful life.  My first step is writing this week's scripture on 3 notecards and posting them in places I frequent throughout the day.  Ironically enough, that will be both of my bathrooms and my coffee pot.      So here's to day one of stressed-less living and a growing relationship with God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment